Administrative Coordinator (Permanent, Part-time)
Job Type: Permanent Part-time (.5 FTE)
Location: Hybrid position working in Guelph, ON (Canada) and remote/at home
Hiring Range: $29.07 – $36.34/hour
Posting: HRI23 – 008
Posting Date: Until filled
Potential Start Date: April 2023
Homewood Research Institute (HRI) is an independent charity that drives innovation and applied research to improve mental health and substance use services in Canada and around the world. Through strategic partnerships with Homewood Health and a growing network of leading scientists, clinicians and researchers, we are innovating, testing new discoveries, and accelerating the process that turns research into solutions for the real-world.
The Administrative Coordinator is an essential team member, providing day-to-day administrative support and promoting positive public relations at Homewood Research Institute (HRI). The Administrative Coordinator plays a key role in a variety of administrative and organizational areas including, administrative support to senior leadership, office coordination and event/meeting coordination. The Administrative Coordinator acts as the point person for visitors, staff, researchers and students for all matters related to meeting requests, office access, and equipment and maintenance issues. The Administrative Coordinator demonstrates initiative, works well independently and as part of the team in support of HRI’s mission/vision, and strategic plan.
Administrative Support to Senior Leadership:
- Coordinates logistical arrangements for a variety of meetings including bookings, catering, and greeting guests.
- Secures travel arrangements, accommodations and itineraries.
- Prepares and reconciles expense reports and invoices.
- Proofreads and formats large reports, correspondence and presentations.
- Provides administrative support to the HRI Board of Directors, including scheduling meetings and preparing Board packages.
- Responsible for reception duties including central phone and email contacts, greeting visitors, handling incoming and outgoing mail, answering inquiries and connecting with appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates inventory, supplies and maintenance of office equipment and furniture.
- Coordinates purchase orders, sources/obtains pricing information and orders office supplies, equipment and furniture.
- Reconciles expense statements and invoices.
- Orients and provides administrative support to students working onsite at HRI.
- Addresses IT/AV/phone and copier requests and issues.
- Coordinates computer set-up for new employees, phone set-up, etc.
- Develops, maintains and updates HRI’s information management and contact management systems.
- Addresses any general health and safety issues identified and monitors/tracks completion of monthly safety inspections.
- Coordinates large and small events including critical event logistics and timelines, event management activities for rounds, symposiums, webinars, conferences and other major events.
- Supports a variety of HRI projects and activities as they arise.
Education and Experience
University degree or college diploma in Business Administration or equivalent diploma/degree. At least 2-3 years administrative and/or office coordination experience.
Skills and Competencies
A successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Mature problem solving skills, diplomatic, and analytical
- Handles confidential material and situations with discretion and sensitivity
- Strong computer skills including Adobe and Zoom and expert level Microsoft Office skills (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Knowledge of WordPress or related software a strong asset, but not essential
- Financial acumen and strong strategic thinker
- Experience developing and using tools to create efficiencies in processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders
- Commitment to HRI values of Anti-Oppression Equity and Inclusion and supports related organizational goals and activities
- Self-motivated, able to function with limited supervision
- Detail-oriented with excellent proof-reading skills and experience in coordinating schedules
- English/French bilingual capacity would be considered a strong asset, but is not essential
Anti-Oppression, Equity and Inclusion Focus (AOEI)
At HRI, we believe that people and organizations thrive when we embrace the richness of the human experience and invite all voices to contribute to a shared goal. We are passionate about our vision: “No life held back or cut short by mental illness or substance use issues.” This vision encompasses everyone, including (but not limited to) people who have historically experienced oppression, inequity and exclusion. We are working continuously to move AOEI values into action through our organizational culture, policies, and research activities. HRI is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) within our recruitment process and beyond. If you require accommodation at any time, please let us know.
HRI requires that employees, volunteers and students provide evidence of two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
How to Apply
HRI invites applicants to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.