About This Research:
In this randomized control trial, HRI and McMaster University are examining the use of Goal Management Training (GMT), a cognitive skills training program, as a method for reducing symptoms of PTSD, particularly among veterans, military members, and first responders. Early studies with people receiving inpatient treatment for PTSD revealed that GMT holds great promise for restoring cognitive functioning and goal-directed behaviours. Researchers are now trialing GMT among community members in Southern Ontario.
- Dr. Margaret McKinnon (McMaster University, HRI)
- Dr. Ruth Lanius (Western University)
- Charlene O’Connor (Homewood Health Centre)
- Dr. Jenna Boyd (McMaster University)
- Alina Protopopescu (McMaster University)
Canadian Institutes of Health Research